Thursday, 29 July 2010
Not much yet. I created some lots which I have later on deleted... The only lot which I liked enough (Though not yet finished) is in the bottom right, which is also the main living area. The rest is mostly college buildings. I like what I did with the trees (I'm so sick of the trees I use in most of my neighborhood by now, including Parrain Vérité) and the neighborhood decorations are mostly finished other than in the top left. It is the more luxurious college part, with the expensive dorm (3 dorms = Expensive, fair and cheap) and the higher studies faculties (Though not Law or Medicine. These can only be studied in a university, not a college).
Silana Petit is 31
narrated by Silana Petit
I've been working like mad lately. If it wasn't for some old grandpa who wants me to fix his pants it was on my latest line which I am hoping I may truly be able to present. I have to find some way to make more money so I could get out of the huge debt I got myself into. Clients are rare here and I can't find a steady job that I qualify for. I wish I could have moved to Bâtiments Jeunes, get a job at Constance and move my way up the career ladder and I even went to a job interview but because of my foolish decision of buying a big house when I moved to Parrain Vérité I got myself in too much debt. Hopefully someone would want to buy this house.
Wednesday, 28 July 2010
I've been taking some pictures to get used to going to options mode for no queue icons. Does anyone know how to get rid of that text in the top right of the picture? It's pretty annoying.
Also, is this size good for the updates or is it too small?
Silana's update is almost ready but for now I'll just leave you with a picture of her BFF Margery Rousseau, who I created in bodyshop and I am very proud of. She's a townie and has a husband and a baby girl. I wanted to make her a real playable but for some reason I feel it's better that she's just a townie. She lives in one of the smallest houses in Parrain Vérité.
So... I was decorating the Rousseau home and when I'm done, I look at the amount of cash they have to see if I can deposit some of it, and what do I see? If you can't notice, it's 666 simoleans. Scary...
Seeing Margery's daughter's (Who's name I totally forgot. Do'h! I should make a townie page with just names and ages maybe) empty age bar also reminds me I forgot to adjust them. I made the townies to somewhat fit the ages of other playables so her daughter should be around 2, not 1!
Edit: It's Kari! (The toddler's name)
Monday, 26 July 2010
Distant relative moves in - This is the best ROS I could have rolled. EVER.
Participate in a dance contest
Woohoo 6 times in the next 24 hours - Funny who I rolled this for
Sinks break. Break all sinks in household
Family Reunion - Sad, because this person lost some of his family :(
Weekly night out - Bowling
Dumped! (Get dumped) - Wow, they didn't even last one round!
Meet someone new
Mini mid-life crisis. Change secondary aspiration (Romance) - Not so happy about this one...
- I did roll one death but I made a deal with myself I won't kill anyone so I didn't count it. I also made a deal with myself I will reroll if anything too life-changing would be there (As in... Distant relative moves in) but that ROS was just too good for me to cancel it.
Sunday, 25 July 2010
Primary School Updates
High School Updates
High School Updates
Primary School Updates
- Still some time until I start but I almost have the first mini-update ready and I've been building like mad. I think pictures of Étude Dur will be up on 2-6 days. I really like building dorms, had enough of farms though. I can't wait until I start building Bâtiments Jeunes, apartments are my thing.
I already rolled the ROS and I will post it in a few minutes. One of them would be just normal for any other sim, but I guess is like a dream come true for the sim I rolled it for.
The households were chosen according to planned storylines and depending on where they live to make it as equal as possible. Three seasons have 12 households and one has 11.
- For the next rounds, would you like having empty-nester updates as well? I have quite a few, as most of my sims don't live with their parents. I will surely be doing these now, so you could get to know every sim in Verre Tranquille, but should I continue?
Saturday, 24 July 2010
If you are wondering, none of the houses would stay empty. I am creating custom townies who would actually all be like Playable NPC's from blogs like Sullivan, Wellington, Lakeside Heights and else, but there would be no page for them and most of them would be farmers, at least those in Parrain Vérité. This will mean I would have like 300 sims but my computer is quite strong.
So, the pictures...
P.S. if you're wondering what are the brown stuff in the rural area pictures these are the greenhouses. You can't see the roof from too far.
click on pictures to view them
click on the pictures to see them bigger
First of all, I apologize for the horrible quality, I just found out my print screen program saved all of the pictures in bmp instead of png. The picture sizes are uneven and they are all pretty old.
I have no pictures of the rural area and the civilized area has changed.
I will try and take better, updated pictures today.
Friday, 23 July 2010
The Verre Tranquille alliance includes 7 diffrent lands all sharing the same government and working together to have the best for all their residents.
The govermental land of the Verre Tranquille alliance, mainly populated by the farmers and the fishers, yet also some of the richer politicians. Those politicians are not happy with having to visit the poor farming families everytime a meeting is held and want to transfer the meetings to another land of the Verre Tranquille alliance, Ville de Bénéfice. More traditional politicians however are not intrested in leaving the land which has served them good for many years have created a more civilized district of Parrain Vérité to please the other politicians. However, with the downfall of the Parrain Vérité economics, it seems like the other politicians will win.
Ville de Bénéfice
The most popular land in the Verre Tranquille alliance, Ville de Bénéfice is considered as the suburbs, being next to the very urban city of Bâtiments Jeunes. Ville de Bénéfice is very idyllic to families of any size, wealth and age, and is very quiet. Due to the increasing poverty in Parrain Vérité, politicians of the Verre Tranquille alliance are considering on declaring Ville de Bénéfice as the land of the Verre Tranquille goverment, but changes are yet to be made.
As most young sims of the Verre Tranquille alliance find the Bâtiments Jeunes the most attractive place to live in, as well as the older rich businessmen and women, it is considered to be the cultural and industrial center of Verre Tranquille alliance. The VTN airport also being situated in Bâtiments Jeunes, it was naturally considered to be the replacement to Parrain Vérité as the govermental land of Verre Tranquille. However, the youth have opposed to that idea, hoping to avoid the influx of elderly politicians in the urban city, and it brought neighboring Ville de Bénéfice back to the top choice.
The huge forest in Kein Schlaf is the main tourist destination and campers from all over the Verre Tranquille alliance travel there. It has just recently joined the alliance thanks to the economical uprising caused by the recent tourism popularity of camping. Another feature of Kein Schlaf is the private university, KSPU, filled with the brightest of students from the Verre Tranquille alliance.
- Parrain Vérité is my underdog, probably the reason I like it most. That and the fact it was the first neighborhood I had in mind. I try not to have favorites but I think it's impossible.
- I doubt guessing which neighborhood is which subhood isn't too hard (Suburban, Downtown, College and the three vacation hoods)
I used google translate for the neighborhood names, so if you understand any of those languages try to ignore it.
- I'm still in the building process though I have almost all sim profiles ready. I counted and I have 137 not including custom playable townies (Including the vacation townies) which I will create. No maxis townies for me.
- Speaking of which, barely maxis anything for me. I have already finished how I will do all of those things by myself. I have a custom college (Shopping subhood with adult sims), custom school, custom vacation neighborhoods (Shopping subhood), some of the careers are custom (As in, not going to work with a carpool and disapearing), more and more.
- I do need your tips though, neighborhood creators, about the play schedule and ROS's. I am using Carla's ROS file but I am planning on doing more ROS's per round (Though my rounds will be one year each). How many should I do? And also, about play schedule, how do I organize it with ROS's? Should I just do it randomly? Remember I have 137 sims!
Another thing I need help with is the posting. All my pictures look good before I post them but when I do they end up very small and it is strange, since my laptop has a wide screen.
First pictures of Parrain Vérité should be up in a week or less. I only have to create some more farm houses and place in the residents. I will probably also do a mini-update about one sim, Silana Petit. She moved in with her brother and his family one year ago (It is currently 1981) and she still doesn't feel at home in a rural land, being a city girl. I wrote it yesterday since I had trouble sleeping but I need to take pictures in-game.